Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To

What makes you cry? (Okay...or even tear up) Here are some things that set me off. I'll start off with a no brainer:
1. Pulling nose hairs :)(not exactly something I do often though. ;)
2. Saying the pledge of allegiance
3. Listening to great opera
4. Watching anyone else cry lol
5. The death scenes in Harry Potter lol
6. When friends are hurting.
7. Some poetry
8. Cutting onions :P
9. Watching young people perform...I'm always amazed and touched.
10. Being smacked in the face...okay, that doesn't happen, but I wanted an even ten items. :P

7 comments:

Keira said...

the "free hugs" video on you tube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BngEhhdg4lw, watching babies be born on the discovery health channel

~Kris said...

I usually don't cry..but here are a list of things that do:
1. Watching someone you love hurt
2. PMS
3. Frustration (see #2)
4. Chick Flicks

Nene said...

1. I always always cry when I hear "Nesun Dorma" - also many others like "Bring Him Home" from Les Meserables, etc.
2. When I see someone else cry
3. When I have reached the end of my rope (frustration)
4. When I think of one of my children going through a particularly tough trial
5. When I'm feeling particularly sorry for myself (see #3)
6. HP#7
7. I was afraid I couldn't stop crying the first time I saw "A Mirror Has Two Faces"
8. Happy endings - especially Tom Hanks/ Meg Ryan movies
9. Lord of the Rings - Return of the Kings when they are going to battle and Aaragorn is giving them a "pep talk".
10. Seminary graduation, or any other graduation, wedding, etc.

Native Minnow said...

1. Occasionally when I say goodbye to my kids and start the drive back to Vegas I'll tear up. It used to be every time, but I guess I've gotten used to it.

2. The song 16 maybe less by Calexico and Iron & Wine.

3. Watching Brokeback Mountain (yeah, I realize I'm leaving myself open for a "you know how I know you're gay?" joke, but it's the truth - I can't explain why. Other movies don't have that effect).

Othersideblue said...

thanks for visiting..
You wanted leave me a comment in my photography blog?
I leave the space open for you to comment, you are welcome any time u wish

GoodyMom1 said...

loneliness.

Anonymous said...

Extreme feelings of failure and rejection by someone I care about...