Friday, August 03, 2007

Ingenuity

My sister's blog (inside stories) about an old woman who uses her bra for a purse sparked a memory that I wanted to write about. Once when I was young, I went to go visit my grandmother. My Aunt R. lived across the street, and I spent a lot of time at her house. One day she had some friends come to visit. These old ladies wanted to see the new horse my Aunt had just bought for her daughter. I went with them to the field above town to see the horse.
As we got out of the car, the horse was no where to be seen. My Aunt told the ladies that normally she carried a tin can full of oats and would shake it to get the horse to come. When the horse heard the sound of the oats shaking in the can, he would come running. But on this particular day, my Aunt had forgotten to bring the oats. Everyone felt a little disappointed that we might not get a chance to see the horse. Suddenly my Aunt reached under her shirt and took off her bra. She folded it together and began shaking it in the wind. The horse immediately came running!

No comments: