Wednesday, May 30, 2007

You are Going to Think I'm Crazy, but.........















This is Veda, she has been a member of the Daughters of the Utah Pioneers Association of which I have been involved in the past couple of years. I'm attending her funeral this morning. I saw her a few months ago at a DUP meeting. She gave an oral report about one of her ancestors. I know this will sound crazy, but when I saw her then, I had this feeling she was going to die soon. I could see it in her. It wasn't something physical, in fact she was healthy. All I can say that it was something spiritual, but I could see it. The next I knew, she had fallen ill, and wasn't doing well. I knew she wasn't going to make it. Granted, she was old, but there are many old ladies who attend this club.

Maybe what I saw was the same thing I saw in my neighbor's cat. We found him one day and he was acting funny. We didn't know what it was, but we instinctively knew he was dying. He was a very old cat, I think something like 18, so my neighbor weighed the pros and cons of taking him to the vet. He seemed to be dealing with his death very well. He seemed very focused, but at peace. It was such an odd experience to see the life slowly leaving him. It was different from watching someone fall asleep. I think that must have been what I sensed in Veda.

I hope other members of our club come to the funeral today. I think she would like the DUP to be represented there.

No comments: