Friday, May 11, 2007

Genetics

We rode a bus to a field trip today. We had three classes all on one bus, and also parent helpers. On our way home, I struggled to find a place to sit on the bus. I noticed an empty seat next to a little girl that I know from church. I have worked with her mother and know her well. Her mother is a very shy person, and this little girl is much like her. I was worried that she might feel nervous sitting next to me. We sat in silence for a few minutes when I heard her tiny voice say, "Would you like to play I spy?" We played "I Spy" the whole way home, her doing her best to trick me by choosing very hard items. I remember now something I learned about her mother. She appears shy at first glance, but once you start talking to her, she opens up. I could see that in her daughter also, as well as the same shy smile.

No comments: