It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to do anything. Last night we were watching the news before we went to bed. They showed a report about a woman near here who entered a radio contest. They had a contest to see who could drink the most water without going to the bathroom. The winner would win a game system. This woman wasn't the winner, she was the next to last one to finish. Later that day, her family found her dead. She died from water toxification. What happens is that the water flushes the sodium from your body. You need a certain amount of sodium, but this woman evidently lost too much and died. Okay...note to self...don't drink too much water.
The next report was about a man who put a cell phone in his pants pocket, then fell asleep in a chair. The arm of the chair was metal, and somehow the phone poked out of his pocket, and made contact with the metal arm. The button on the phone was pushed, and the battery got over heated, and caught on fire. The man is in the hospital recovering from burns. Note to self....don't put a cell phone in my pocket.
The next report showed a video of a woman filling her car up with gas. As she put the nozzle in the tank, static electricity caused spontaneous combustion, and a flames came shooting out of the gas tank. She was braver than me, she grabbed the nozzle out and hit it against the ground to put out the flame. Taking it out of the tank caused the fire to die out. Note to self...remember to get rid of static electricity before pumping gas.
It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to do anything. I'm a mother, I have mothering instincts. I get worries about my kids doing things. News reports like this make me crazy! Let's don't even talk about things I get by email that warn me about dangerous things. I have to digest these three news reports first.