Sunday, November 12, 2006

busy people

When I was a student at the University of Kentucky, I took a class that was a little too advanced for me. It was a 300 level logic class. I had only previously taken the 100 level class. I was totally lost and began to flounder. I ended up giving up and got a D in the class...the only D I ever got. When I applied to Brigham Young University, my GPA was in bad condition. They accepted me on the condition that I take a class about how to study.
As part of the class, we read a talk given by a student, who went on to become a Rhode scholar, about the subject of how to achieve great things. This student talked about how he had learned the truth that "busy people do more things better". He really believed that when we keep ourselves busy with worthwhile pursuits, we learn to organize our time, and we end up accomplishing more.
This month has been a crazy one for me. I have so many projects in the works that I wonder some days how I am going to be able to finish them all. I am finding that this student was correct. Even if I occasionally procrastinate, I end up getting more done when I have more expected of me.

No comments: