Friday, October 04, 2013

Friday Loose Bloggers Consortium: Ego

I have to say that one of the qualities that is most unattractive to me is a boastful ego.  The word "ego" actually refers to our view of ourselves.  But in modern use, the word "ego" brings the thought of someone who is "egotistical".  I really dislike that trait in anyone.

So many men think that if they are egotistical, then they are more manly.  Well, I suppose it depends on what kind of man you want to be.  I prefer a "gentleman".  When I was single, nothing turned me off quicker than a "macho man".  I suppose there are some women who like that in a man, but to me it is a very self centered way to live.

Don't get me wrong, women can be egotistical too.  Some women can't tear themselves away from the mirror.  Their entire life is spent worrying about how they look, and how they appear to others.  If I were a man, I think I would be more attracted to a person because of their personality, not just how they appear.  I guess it is all in what you are after.  If you are after a person to date, then the egotistical person should fit the bill.  But if you want a long lasting relationship, it's best to go for quality of character. 

Well, I"m not going to be egotistical and pretend that this blog post is well written.  But hopefully the other consortium members have done a better job with this topic.  lol  Check out their blogs and see!
Rummuser, Anu, Ashkok, Gaelikka, Grannymar , Padmum, Magpie11, andAkanksha,Will Knot, Maria the Silver Fox, Anki, Nema Noor Paul Plain Joe, and Rohit, Black watertown, The Old Fossil, our newest member MAXI! and last, but not least SHACKMAN! :)

3 comments:

Grannymar said...

Your post is as well written as mine, we each took it from a different angle.... and sure that is what it is all about!

Shackman said...

People with strong egos are comfortable in their own skins and don't need to overcompssate with their mouths. Actions speak louder than words in those instances.

Rummuser said...

I find your post as interesting as the rest, and I think that it has served the LBC purpose well.